The necessary documents for setting up a Romanian Company
The establishment of a company in Romania must follow certain steps, depending on the type of company chosen. Entrepreneurs may require the establishment of several types of companies in different cities in the country.
Among the first steps needed to open a business in Romania are the preparation of a set of documents to be submitted to the Trade Registry in the city where the company will operate.
You have the option to set up the company online using our platform - LaRegistru.
Here are the main documents needed to start the specific procedures for setting up a firm:
● Reservation of the company name;
● Constitutive Act (authenticated by lawyer);
● The tax record of each of the associates and / or administrators;
● The registered office, rental or sub-lease, joint-venture agreement, real estate leasing contract, commodity contract, usufruct use;
● The agreement of the owners or tenants association, if required;
● Negotiation of neighbors (riverans or, more precisely, those vertically and horizontally with your space) - if required;
● Copy of Identity Card (C.I.) or Passport of Associates and / or Administrators;
● Signature specimen of the company's administrator / managers;
● Ownership statements of the Associate / Associates or Administrator / Administrators that they can fulfill the required, legally authenticated quality;
● Proof of depositing the share capital (receipt or account statement of the respective day) at a bank chosen by the company's associates.
Our team is at your disposal with all the details of the company setup costs, the authorities able to release the necessary papers and other aspects regarding this process!
Types of companies that can be set up in Romania
An entrepreneur can set up one of the following types of business:
- authorized physical person or PFA;
- the individual enterprise or II;
- Limited Liability Company (LLC) and Limited Liability Company (LLC);
- the joint stock company or the SA.
The necessary documents for setting up a company depend, first of all, on the type of company selected. Once decided, the contractor will have to prepare a dossier containing all the documents mentioned above.
A company's constituent documents
The Constitutive Act is the most important document to be prepared when a Romanian company is set up. It must be drafted in front of a notary public, then attached to the file with the rest of the documents necessary for the registration of the company with the Trade Register.
The Constitutive Act is necessary to set up a limited liability company or a joint stock company. In the case of a PFA or II, a simple request from the Trade Registry will need to be completed.
A company's Articles of Incorporation must contain the following information:
- information about the company's associates, including information about their nationality and domicile;
- information about the business objects of the company, both the main ones and the secondary ones;
- the name of the business (which was previously reserved) and the address of the company's registered office;
- information about the paid-up share capital of the company, as well as the contribution of each associate;
- information about the administrator or administrators of the future business;
- information about other headquarters, duration and dissolution of the firm (where applicable).
A company's Articles of Incorporation may contain other clauses established by associates at the establishment.
Our specialists can write the necessary documents for setting up all kinds of companies, but the authentication can be done by a notary. Using our services to set up a business, you can also benefit from full notary services for various types of documents required at the Trade Registry.
Documents for the social home of a business
To be considered a Romanian resident company, a company will need a head office in the city where it will work. Although it is an address that will be used by the authorities to send official documents, the registered office must be proved at the registration of the company at the Trade Registry through one of the following documents:
- Contract of sale;
- real estate leasing contract;
- inheritance certificate, in the case of inherited buildings.
Also, if the registered office is in a block of flats, the contractor will have to obtain the consent of the neighbors and the owners' association.
If you need hosting your social center, we can help you with specialized services.
Other documents related to setting up a business
Although it is not an act of establishing the company itself, the signature specimen of the administrator or administrators (where there are many) is the sky of the Trade Registry. It must also be legalized at a notary office.
Another document that must be obtained when a company is set up in Romania is the bank account statement proving the depositing of the share capital. It is released one day by the bank to which the amount representing the company's capital has been deposited.
Business administrators will also have to make statements on their own responsibility to assume responsibility for fulfilling the qualities for which they have been appointed.
Other documents, including various requests, are issued by the Trade Registry.
Foreign business people who want to open businesses in Romania and need help can count on us to complete all formalities in front of the authorities in the country. For these we will need an empowerment.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about setting up any type of business. You can count on us for up-to-date information on current legislation, but also on other services such as bookkeeping